- Always wake with hope. Hope to dream what the day can be. I always wake with the thought that maybe we got a message, email, or call and that today could be the day that changes our life.
- Stay busy but don’t lose focus on your goals.
- For me personally blogging has helped a great deal with processing the everyday ups and downs. I also am inspired by the vast community who share their stories.
- We play games – card games, board games, or games with the dogs and it ensures we spend quality time with each other and our pets.
- Smile! Even if alone I smile. It’s amazing how it can uplift your mood.
- Listen to uplifting music
- Laughing. Whether reading something funny, laughing with friends or family to watching funny movies and TV shows. Laughter helps ease tension.
- Travel. When we travel I’m not glued to adoption related social media and it’s a get-away from the adoption mind set. Plus we get to enjoy new experiences.
- Sleep. I can be a much more positive influence on myself and others with the right amount of sleep.
- Exercise. Just walking the dogs around the neighborhood helps give me hope that one day I’ll be walking with our child and our dogs. Also exercise relieves stress and tension.
- Our positive reinforcement plaque
Thursday, March 5, 2015
Waiting to adopt and keeping positive
Staying positive and looking on the bright side during the wait can be a great challenge some days. Most of the time we plug along with everyday tasks, always with a positive energy that today could be the day. So a few ways we keep upbeat: