Saturday, February 7, 2015
The Liebster Award!
Wow, Thanks for the award. It really doesn't seem like anyone actually reads my blog, except those 2 bots that stop by everyday so this is a nice surprise from Sarah and John a fellow couple waiting to adopt. As a result of this nomination I've since seen and read a lot of blogs I hadn't seen before. YAY! So let’s get started….
Step 1: Thanks Sarah, I love your blog, I think we have some similarities in how we blog.
Step 2: Answer these 11 questions
Why did you start blogging? I wanted to remember the ups and downs of our adoption journey. I also want to get all the thoughts out of my head where I can look back with our child and say see it’s our families story.
What is your favorite food? Mexican or cheese- wait Mexican food usually (not all dishes do) has cheese so win/win!
What was your first job? My freshman year at the ripe ol’ age of 14 I became a babysitter for 5 boys, aged from 5 months to 9 years old. That evolved into me spending the night most nights, since the family would be out until 2 or 3 am. They were in a band that did shows 3-5 times a week. I did that for a year before moving to live with my dad and getting a job at McDonald’s.
What are you having for dinner tonight? Tacos
Pick one word to describe your blog: Honest
If you could go any place in the world on a free vacation for a week, where would you go? Italy and I’m going basically for free this year.
Who was your favorite teacher? Mrs. Meyers she was my first and second grade teacher. She let me work ahead of the class (meaning she didn't hold me back for my thirst for knowledge and she gave me extra credit).
Where do you see yourself in five years? I’ll be a stay at home mom with at least one child getting them up for school or watching Don play with them on the floor or read them a goodnight story. I really can’t wait. If that doesn't happen I will still be traveling with Don seeing the world.
Who would you say has been the most influential person in your life? I think ultimately my dad. He showed me that hard work, dedication, and play are all equally important to success. He also let me be me and didn't ever ask me to change who I was becoming growing up. He would sit me down and tell me when he didn't like something and ask me what I thought. I appreciate the way he handled even the difficult teen years with me being able to tell him anything, even if he didn't want to hear it. That honesty allowed me to see Honesty is the best policy no matter what.
If you had to be any animal for the rest of your life, what would you pick? I don’t know how to pick. I love all animals. I’d say any spoiled, loved and well cared for animal like our dogs or cats. I could be a warm fuzzy spaniel or even a fuzzy warm cat. I also thought bird because birds can fly and see things from a different perspective. See can’t choose.
What is your favorite color? Orange. It’s just such a cheerful color
Step 3: Answer 11 facts about yourself
1. I have a sarcastic, dry humor that can leave people wondering if I’m joking or serious, especially if they don’t know me very well.
2. Don and I first met when I was 16, we reconnected as friends when I was 18 and he was 22. We began dating soon after and the rest is history. We are each others’ best friend.
3. Coffee, Coffee, Coffee is everything. I drink it, bake with it and cook with it. I love the flavor and aroma.
4. I love watching Don’s inner child come out with our nephews and friends kids. Seriously just add Lego’s, building blocks or any toy and he gets so into it with the kids.
5. I don’t wear make-up or do anything more than wake, shower, and go. I call myself wash and wear LOL. I very rarely when the occasion calls for it will wear make-up, blow-dry and curl my hair.
6. I have a large Looney Toons collection of mostly dishware. Our Champagne flutes for our wedding were Pepe and Kitty and our Cake servers were Porky and Petunia pig. I still have them. If I could've found a cake topper I’d have used it.
7. For years Don traveled for work, one year I counted all the days he was home and it was 88. That’s including vacation time. Thankfully he is home every night now and only travels once in a great while.
8. I was in leg braces for 2 years for club foot although my mom says it was because I tried to walk at 7 months old.
9. I can be hard to get to know well, although once you’re in your there forever. I've always been shy and guarded.
10. I love playing games from card games to board games to video games.
11. I actually like watching sports like football and baseball but my guilty pleasure is watching Dancing with the stars.
Step 4: Nominate 11 blogs that I think deserve this award
Ok, these are mostly adoption blogs either in the wait or after. a couple however aren't; The Tigon and Sportsbard.
The Tigon is my cousin's blog about sailing in the PNW with his family and friends, ocean preservation and whales.
Sportsbard is a World of Warcraft, poetry, sports, music blog I check in on.
Step 5: Let the bloggers know they've been nominated.
Off to do that now
Step 6: Answer these 11 questions listed here