Thursday, September 11, 2014

Busy July

7/1/14
Our friend Kevin and his son Jack flew in Sunday afternoon to spend the week with us.  It's been busy so far with role playing games, BBQs and dinner's out with Don's sister and her hubby.  Tomorrow, We will start redoing the front deck.  He stripped it today and tomorrow is the deck "paint stain and sealer" day.
7/4/14 Fantastic day with Kevin, Jack, sister and brother in law on the lake, driving around in the boat, had fun swimming and hanging out.  We were going to go back on the lake for the fireworks show but changed our minds and walked over to the bridge by the house to watch.  Had a fun filled fantastic day!







7/7/14
So the deck is done and our friend and his son have flown home after a fun filled week. It is kinda lonely, having Jack here made us more aware of what we're hoping for.
On another note another adopting couple who has been waiting a few years has had their son today, well the birth mom had him but they are all bonding and picking names, etc.  How exciting, I can't wait for our own time to come with our birth mom.  I just wish we'd have someone contact us or at least increase our exposure to potential birth moms. It's hard every month to see the stats and see we are only going out x number of times. Speaking of stats they should be coming out in the next week and after we made our changes last month I hope we do see an increase in letters going out.

7/8/14
Well so much for the hope on the letters going out.  We actually went out 3x instead of our usual 4x.  However, a lot of the moms seemed to have requested only one letter or wanted families within a certain region not our own so nothing we changed would have been a factor for them. Of the potential moms who might have gotten our letters I do hope we click for one of them to at least give us a look on Facebook, Iheart, etc. Maybe send us a text or email.   While we never see anything but a number and what criteria that number is looking at to help us better gauge where we fit in the grand scheme, we can sometimes extrapolate where our letters may have gone.  Of course if a mom requests one or two letters we can't say one way or another if we might be on their radar, we can only hope.
7/16/14
So, I've been beta testing a new expansion for WoW and I've run through it 4x now and it's been fun.  Playing games and taking trips or spending time with family and friends help keep us busy and not think about the adoption wait. I have been really enjoying being one of the first beta testers, most times I get a beta invite I'm in later waves and the bugs to report have all been reported and confirmed which makes the invite kinda boring and more a first look, so I tend to not play as much.
I'm currently watching an episode of Babylon 5 and I can't wait for them to redo the graphics and special effects and re-release it on Blu-ray.  I know the first season can be hard to get through but it gets so dang good after that and I love the arcs that come back into the story a year, two, or three years later and it's a long time coming. Is it a geek/nerd night, oh ya! We've also been working our way through Torchwood while waiting for Doctor Who season 8 to start in late August. I'm also getting excited for Dragon Con next month.
7/22/14
so doing some research for a trip we may take and I was surprised how much more affordable an "apartment" rental can be compared to a hotel without a kitchenette in the off-season and think it may be worth paying for that rather than waste points on a free over-priced hotel room with food offerings I will not eat. Yes, I'm a picky eater and our last trip out of the country had me quite unsatisfied in the restaurant, bistro dept.. The bakery however, I could have eaten at all day long with the morning pastries, bread, sandwiches, fruit and yogurt. With a kitchen rental we could prepare food we both like, save money, and have quality time together. Now I'm not sure we're going on said trip but if we do it'll be a lot of fun memories.
7/30/14
So this last weekend we finally finished filling the upper patio, finishing it with "blue" rock, and redoing the pathways on the side project.  It feels amazing to get that much done and what's left to finish it completely doesn't feel so monumental. Hopefully we'll have it 100% done in the next month as it's a project started years ago.

Watching "The Wasp and the Unicorn" a Doctor Who episode from season 4.  I love this episode not just for the tenth doctor but it has Agatha Christie and tons of references to her books.  Some of the first novels I read completely as a 7 year old child were Agatha Christie Poirot mysteries. I still enjoy them and the David Suchet portrayal of Hercule.

No comments:

Post a Comment