Thursday, September 11, 2014

Watching reruns

9/2/14
Watching 'friends' tonight, the triplets episode where phoebe gives birth to her brother and sister in laws triplets and it really touches on the heart of open adoption.  Phoebe,  wants to keep one of the triplets and the heartbreak of giving birth with the knowledge she isn't going to be their mother. Which is how I believe most birth moms considering adoption feel.  The amount of emotion involved is complicated and heartfelt on both sides of the adoption. My favorite line is "I know I can't keep you but I'm going to be the best aunt ever!" I think it really encompasses Surrogates and Open Adoption situations.  I Love that selfless and loving act in the storyline and again in the Monica and Chandler Open Adoption story in season 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment