Friday, September 12, 2014

Welcome to a mini-meltdown and how it ends in laughter

Welcome to my mini-meltdown, don't worry it ends well.

So people always ask How's the adoption going?
Well there is no clear way to answer that question.  Honestly it's a hurry up and give your life over to waiting, advertising, bugging your friends and family to share your pages on social media and asking them to ask their friends/family to share us as well and constantly updating things with even the most mundane of daily life. Yep, Cleaned the house again today and watered the garden.
My phone is constantly in my hand or my pocket, I'm never ever without it after we missed a few calls 6 months ago.  Every time it dings I pick it up to see if we have a text or email.  I feel rude when with other people, even Don but I have to do it.  Believe me I wish I didn't but it is a part of the adoption plan. By The Way caller from Thailand stop calling at 4 am we aren't who you're looking for.


Why post so often? It helps a potential Birth mom have a glimpse into your life, even the everyday boring stuff.
Well it must be hard to wait. Duh!
How do you occupy your time? See the above first statement.
Then there is the adage that the wait is the hardest part and just keep living life because the right baby will find you.  OK, sure it'll eventually happen but not without all the pressure to do more, more, more because if you don't and someone else is you'll lose out.  Yep, certainly living life to the fullest when all you are thinking about is how to do more.
Seriously, the right mom WILL find us but it doesn't feel that way some days. This is when I need to step away, Breathe deep, and remember the following:
As always it's the friends who have no idea the day you're having who find that gem on You Tube and share it that brings back the laughter and reality that it's just a meltdown, let it happen and move on. Tomorrow is another day and the reality is expectant mom could find us tonight, tomorrow or in 6 months.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there - saw your post on IAC's facebook page. We're with the IAC too, have been waiting a year (as of 9/24). We haven't heard a peep, which is super, super discouraging. We've been blogging for a little more than 2.5 years about the process we've been on. The wait is unbearable some days. Some days, it helps to "meet" folks who have been there and came out on the other side (as in, with a kid - or two), and folks who are there now - the whole misery loves company thing, I guess. It was great to find your blog - I look forward to reading backwards through it! Good luck to you - hope our little ones find their way to each of us soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Thanks for the comment, I just started this blog. Most days are positive and our 1 year live is in the beginning of November. We've had a couple contacts but nothing has worked out yet. Keep the faith it'll happen for us both and hopefully sooner rather than later. I'll head over and check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete